My Goodnight Bag is a project that offers resources for families with children 3 to 5 years old to help establish healthy bedtime routines. You can access digital resources to help support your efforts and find out how to connect with your school or community organization to participate in local family events.
Colour Your Bedtime RoutineThe bedtime routine colouring book includes the images from the checklist and the steps written out in both English and French to help reinforce each step in a healthy bedtime routine.
Download the Bedtime Coloring book.
Making the Kit Work for YOUR FamilyMy Goodnight Bag is full of resources that you can use to create a bedtime routine that works for your family. There are no requirements and you can adapt the contents to work for your family. Here are some ideas from families getting creative with the kit:
Personalizing the checklist
- Print a copy of the checklist and cut out each step.
- Have your child reflect on their bedtime routine and reorder the steps, leaving out any that may not work for your family and adding any steps in between (you can add strips of paper with your added steps). You can also add specific details: the time, which stories or lullabies, etc.
- Paste the new steps onto a large sheet of paper or cardboard (you can use a cereal box carton or a box for something more sturdy)
- Put it up somewhere the child can see it.
- You can take photos of your child at each step in the bedtime routine and add it to each step.
- Ask your child to go through each step in the bedtime routine with their favourite stuffed animal to learn through play.
Healthy Sleep Habits
Learn about the fundamentals of healthy sleep habits from Dr. Pamela Mitelman from the Kids’ Sleep Clinic in Montreal, Quebec. Have more questions? Contact your local pediatrician.
Tune in every Tuesday throughout the month of April for a new episode.
You can display the list of playback choices for the series by clicking on this icon , on the top right of the screen below.
Families can attend a healthy bedtime routine workshop and participate in scheduled activities (in-person or online) offered by their local CLC school.
Connect with your local school or your local CLC school to find out about any upcoming workshops for families.