Archive – Making C2 Work in the (Intensive) ESL Classroom
Making C2 Work in the (Intensive) ESL Classroom – May 17, 2017
Presenters: The MEES ESL Programs Team – Teresa Capparelli and Pascale Pellerin
- Teresa Capparelli is a collaborator with the MEES ESL programs team. She has co-authored various official MEES documents and secondary ESL materials. She has taught ESL secondary students as well as adult learners.
- Pascale Pellerin is a collaborator with the MEES ESL programs team. She has been an ESL teacher for 18 years, ten of which as an Intensive English teacher for the CSDM. She has completed a master’s degree related to online communities of practice to support ESL teachers.
To reinvest understanding of texts (C2) requires that students construct meaning of texts, demonstrate understanding of texts and reinvest understanding of texts. Did you know that these three pillars are essential in supporting students’ development of Competency Two?
During this interactive web event, participants will consider the importance of authentic texts in C2, explore the characteristics of a solid reinvestment task together, and examine tangible examples as well as case studies that show these three pillars in action. Which ideas will you bring back to your classroom?
Resource list for Making C2 Work in the (Intensive) ESL Classroom
1. C2 Information Sheet
2. Template for Creating a Solid Reinvestment Task (Based on Case Study 2 from the Web Event)
3. Template for Creating a Solid Reinvestment Task (Blank Template)
4. C2 Web Event Bibliography